Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh America!

I had my citizenship interview today. For those of you who don’t know what that is, I had to go in to the INS office down town and have an oral test from an immigration officer about the history of America. I was a little bit nervous but have been studying like crazy so I felt fairly confident. I think it’s a little bit funny that I was asked questions that most American citizens wouldn’t even know. I was very tempted to ask the officer that if she didn’t work for immigration, if she would have known these answers but I decided that that probably wouldn’t go over so well. I had to read and write a statment proving I can speak and read English. I think my statments were, He wanted to live near his sister and He went to the post office. Very simple but I was very surprised at the people who were there and couldn't understand a lick of English, good luck to them I guess eh! I was then asked under oath if I had allegiance to any terrorist organizations and other such questions. Needless to say I passed and am now awaiting a letter to be sworn in as a citizen. So it’s the waiting game again, but this is the very last step before I become am American. I have a lot of mixed feeling about this but I know that it will be very beneficial for our family for the next 2 year. So there it is. Thanks Josh for being so awesome and quizing me on the 100 questions over and over and over again.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

CONGRATS! I know it is probably a tough call, but I think you're right in saying it will be easiest...GOOD LUCK!

Tricia said...

does this mean you will no longer be canadian?