Monday, May 5, 2008

Indy Mini

Josh ran the mini marathon on Saturday. He did really well. I'm so proud of him and the work that he has put into it. I especially appreciate that he would come home from school and take Paige with him running so I could have a break from her. Thanks honey! I didn't go down to see him because there were so many people there that I probably wouldn't have found him. I wish that I had taken some pictures of him, maybe next year! He's trying to convince me to do it next year but I'm feeling pretty pregnant right now so I really have no interest but we'll see. His time was 1:47:59 to run 13.1 miles. Which is pretty good since he's not a runner and has only been training for about 3 weeks before the race. He's amazing to me in everything that he does. I just adore him. Good job Josh I'm so proud of you!

3 comments:

Cecily said...

That's awesome! I want to run a marathon one day. I'm always inspired by those people who actually do run marathons.

Mel said...

Way to go Josh! I am so not a runner and never plan to be; but I admire those who can. So is his next goal to run a full marathon? Congrats!

Marc Gilchrist said...

Hi Sarah,
I don't know if you'll remember me or not. We were in 11th ward together. Kristin Harker said you and Josh lived in Atlanta before you headed to Dental School. Marc and I are heading out there for the summer for his internship and wanted to hit an cool sites there were to see there or nearby while we're there. Any suggestions? You can post a comment on our blog at http://marcandbrooke.logisity.com/ or email me at brookegilchrist@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you soon!
We've been debating the citizenship thing-we've been here long enough to qualify-Marc's just not sure he wants to give up his Canadian citizenship-what made you decide?
Brooke Gilchrist