Sunday, May 18, 2008
A Time Of Reflection
As this pregnancy quickly comes to an end, I wanted to take some time and reflect on this sweet spirit that is coming to our family! Josh and I found out that we were pregnant on Oct 8th 2007 Canadian Thanksgiving. We were ecstatic because we had just lost a baby a couple of months prior and it had crushed us. The first few months of this pregnancy were a little difficult for me. I had been bleeding and cramping and was often scared that we were going to loose this baby too. We had several ultrasounds that confirmed that everything was going well. I wasn’t sick so I feel very blessed that way. I was on and off “resting” because of how things were positioned. My doctor wanted me to take it easy so that nothing could or would happen. I started feeling the baby move at about 17 weeks and very quickly he became our little ninja. It was only a couple of weeks before Josh could feel him too and we thought that was fast since it took longer for Paige to move hard enough for Josh to feel her. He would go up as high as he could in my stomach and drop down really hard, or he would squish himself as far as he could to one side and then push off with all his might and slam into my other side. At times I thought I was going to be knocked over. He would move so much even when I was just sitting that I would get out of breath, it was actually quite embarrassing at times. We started watching my stomach moving very early on, which is my favorite part of being pregnant. We found out that we were having a little boy on Jan 8th 2008. At first I was a little nervous because I have no idea what to do with a boy. It took us a little bit to get used to the idea of having a boy and switching our mind frame into boy mode. At about 31-32 weeks I started having pre labour contractions. I was sent to the hospital a few times to be monitored and was given a couple of steroid shots to slow it down and boost his lungs incase he decided to come early. Thank you everyone who helped out so much while I was supposed to be on bed rest for those few weeks. Things started to slow down with the contractions and so my doctor took me off at about 36 weeks. All in all I really can’t complain about this pregnancy, it sure has been different than it was with Paige. Besides all the scares of him coming too early, it really has been a great pregnancy. I am now about 39 weeks and I have been having so good contractions so he should be here any day now! I haven’t been sick, I’ve felt pretty good and mine and the babies’ health has always been perfect! We feel so blessed to be adding to our little family and for the opportunity to bring this little spirit into the world. We are so blessed to have both an amazing little girl and a boy! We can’t wait for him to come and to learn all the things that he is coming to teach us. Creation of another human being amazes me and how perfect these little babies are, I am astonished at the love that Heavenly Father has for us as women to entrust us enough to raise these precious children and I am honored to be apart of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aren't these little ones such a miracle and blessing in our lives. Good Luck with the delivery. I can't wait to see picture of this little guy. I loved your description of him bouncing around in your belly.
Post a Comment