Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our Miracle

Heavenly Father sure watches over us! This morning I was in my room and Paige was in there with me. I was talking with Josh on the phone and had just hung up when the next thing I know Paige is on the table by the window with the window open and the screen pops out and she is falling out the 2nd story window. I grabbed her ankle and caught her just as she was falling out! Needless to say she is fine but was totally scared and crying. I think that I cried more though. I pulled her in and just held her and cried and cried and cried. To think what could have happened if I wasn’t there or if my reflexes weren’t as quick as they were. She looked at me and stopped crying and cradled my cheeks in her perfect little hands and asked “what’s the matter mama? Why you crying?” She has such a tender heart. For the rest of the day I bawled ever time I thought about what could have happened. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves my sweet precious baby and protected her and gave me the strength and swiftness to catch her. She is not allowed to climb on the table ever again and she knows why!

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

OH MY GOSH! That would have been SO scary!! I am glad you caught her--and that you recognize how miraculous that really is!!

Anonymous said...

That is so scary. Just last week my friend's little boy fell out the 2nd story window. MIRACULOUSLY he is OK. Just some scratches and a little traumatized but he is OK. Amazing.

Pini said...

What a terrifying experience! I'm glad you both are okay. You are so right in knowing how blessed you are!

Cathy said...

That is so crazy scary! When we were staying in California Em and Ry were playing hide and go seek while I unpacked. They were probably 2 and 3 years old. We were staying on the 6th floor of a hotel. I kept having the feeling to get the kids..check the kids etc. They were hiding behind the curtains. The window was open and they were leaning against the loose screen. I did check them and grabbed them away from the window. I pushed on the screen and it came loose. It was only sidewalk and parking lot below. I cried and cried too thinking of what could have happened. Thank goodness for parenting miracles.

Mel said...

I am so glad that little Paige is okay. I can not imagine going through something like that. I would have been just like you crying all day. Aren't we a blessed people?

Tara said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad she's okay!!! And I totally understand about crying the rest of the day! When you realize how quickly something can happen, and how BLESSED we are to have these sweet kids every day... I'm so happy everything turned out well!

Jami said...

I bet you were so scared. I'm sorry you had to go through that and thank goodness that you didn't go into labor over it. I'm so glad everything turned out okay.

Suze said...

My heart is racing! I can't even say anything except that Heavenly Father is SO aware of all of us. We just have to listen!

Love you babe!