Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary

It’s our 4 year anniversary today and I just wanted to say how much I love my husband. Marriage has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. Josh makes me so happy and I couldn’t ask for a better husband. He is my best friend and the love of my life. I could not be happier to know that we get each other for eternity. We met many years ago (1999) on a blind date at Ricks College, we went to preference together and had a total blast. We were very young and still had a lot of time a head of us until Josh went on his mission. We kept is as friends for about 8 months or so, one night we went out to a bonfire at Beaver Dick park and he kissed me after I punched him in the mouth and gave him a fat lip, sorry honey! That was March 4th 2000. We dated before he left for his mission to Chile in Aug of 2001. He left with us still together and we decided to leave it in the Lord’s hands and see what would happen when he got home. We both loved each other madly and hoped that it would work out. I left for my mission to California a few months after he was already in Chile. We wrote every week, sent tapes and packages and were each others biggest support. It was amazing to share that experience together! I was fortunate enough to be at the airport when he came home. His family was there and when he got off the plane he hugged everyone and I just kind of stood back. I didn’t want to get in the way of his family. But then it as my turn and we just looked at each other and had the best hug ever and it was perfect and I knew that we would be together forever! We got married in the Seattle Temple for time and all eternity and it was the best day of my life. When the sealer pronounced us husband and wife the tears freely came because it was finally official, after being together for so long we were each others and nothing could have made it more perfect and special because we are together for eternity! There is no one in the world that I would rather spend my time with then my best friend and there is no one in the world that knows me like he does and I him. He is my hero and my biggest fan! The love that we share is amazing and it only gets better as time goes on. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to have him in my life and be called his wife. I feel so blessed that he chose me and that he loves me as much as I love and adore him. We have had some amazing times together and look forward to our future together. 4 years isn’t very long I know but it has been the best 4 years of my life. He has made me want to be better everyday; he inspires me to become someone I didn’t know I could be. It’s such a comfort to know that whenever the stress and demands of the outside world gets us down, we can count on each other’s warmth and support to help build us back up. We’ve been there for each other through the highest and lowest times, applauding success, and easing the pain of defeat; sharing the magic in each other’s dreams and working together to make them come true. We draw strength from the closeness we share. It’s comforting to now we can count on each other to understand our most complex ideas, and to share our deepest feelings, that we can talk openly and trust that our words won’t judge. Josh, I want you to know that you mean more to me than anyone else will. I love you and will never forget the qualities that first attracted me to you. I will always appreciate them, and we’ll always inspire the best in each other. Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

Cecily said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! Woohoo!

Mel said...

Happy Day! I can't believe you guys have been married for four years now. I remember when you guys had been married for just a few months when we met. Well, we love you guys.

Jami said...

Happy Anniversary! The best part about it I'm sure is that you won't be celebrating a birthday on your anniversary!

Suze said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I remember at your reception Dan and I were just counting down the days till our temple date!....and wishing we could just elope! lol

Now here we all are 4 years later and celebrating our wonderful marriages to our awesome companions and we both have beautiful children that Heavenly Father has blessed us with. What more could we ask for?

(pay off my debt perhaps?) LOL!

Love you!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Hi there! Happy Anniversary!! I came to you through Tricia's blog...you left a comment and being the blog addict that I am I followed it to your blog...very neat!! We just hit our 10 year anniversary and it's hard to believe it's been that long yet at the same time, the years have flown by!! Happy times ahead, for sure!