Saturday, February 23, 2008

What emergency?

So apparently you are not supposed to pass a fire truck with its lights flashing no matter how far BELOW the speed limit they are going. Here is my total pregnant space moment! The other day I was driving down Kentucky and a fire truck came wailing out of who knows where and I was pretty far back so I didn’t think much about it. The speed limit is 55 in that part so I was going 55 or so . . . I was quickly approaching the truck and obviously not thinking I passed it because it was only going like 30 or something ridiculous like that. What kind of an emergency is it when you can’t even go the speed limit? Well, he was not happy about me passing him while blaring his horn he was swerving all over the road like a maniac; I suppose to let me know I was defiantly doing something illegal. So like the good citizen that I am I pulled over and let him go. Wow you should have seen the look I got. So I defiantly learned my lesson, don’t pass emergency vehicles when they are supposedly in a hurry! WHO KNEW????

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Those situations stress me out..I can never hear them coming (my windows are always up and we are always listening to kids bop or something) and then at the last minute I notice them and it seems I am ALWAYS in the way. So, yes I too have received the look of death : ). FYI you guys would LOVE the Dells and yes you guys need to come with us next time! Good times. You know I check in on you guys all the time, right? I love that you blog.

Mel said...

Thanks for letting me know; now maybe I won't do the same thing:) I would have loved to see your face. I am glad that you are okay. Take care!

Rachel Holloway said...

Sarah! I don't know what's wrong with me but I am BARELY getting on your blog. I added it to my igoogle and will check back in lots now! :) Your famly is so cute! I can't believe how big your little girl is and am so happy you are having your second!!

Feel free to check in on our blog. www.brholloway.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

Kris said...

Sure, blame it on the pregnancy! Kidding. I laughed out loud when I read that, too funny. I make fun only because I have done way worse things when I was pregnant and I totally blame it on that, why not:)?