Sunday, March 9, 2008

So good to be home

Wow, I don’t even know where to start. My friend told me that you can get your blog into a journal and so this is for journaling purposes. If you would like to read be my guest but it may not be all that exciting of an entry!
I have been home now for 5 days and it has been the best thing for me. I have been so home sick and so this is exactly what I’ve needed to lift my spirits, not that they’ve been down but it’s been perfect. I went to church today and it was so awesome to see everyone that I love so much. I grew up here, actually I’ve never moved in my life and so this is all I’ve known for the first 17 years of my life then I went away to college but always came home. When Josh and I got married we didn’t come home as much because of school and life just gets you busy. So like I said in my last post it’s been a little over 2 years since I’ve been home. Things sure have changed around here though. The housing is going up like crazy and new restaurants, businesses, malls and all sorts of other kinds of shops are everywhere. It’s not so wonderful because all the beautiful trees and homes are gone. It’s actually quite sad to see all the changes and I feel a little bit lost coming here direction wise because there are roads where there weren’t and no homes and other structures where there were roads. It makes me wonder how they come up with all the addresses and streets since they have it on a numeric scale from the USA boarder and the Ocean, but it seem to work. My mom’s ward has also been split which is always a good thing because that means the church is growing. My mom took me to the new Temple site and it’s in a beautiful spot and I’m sure will be beautiful as they always are. My ward family members are very excited to see Paige and I and it was like home to come home, if that makes any sense. I wish I new how to put into words the feelings I had to see and be with people that have loved me my whole life and to see the changes that have happened in their lives and with their families. I got to see some of my friends and their spouses and children that I’ve never met. Friends who have left the church and have come back. What a joy to have them back and to visit and reminisce on old times. It’s fun to show off Paige and how big she has gotten, but I guess she would because she was only 3 months old last time we were here. It’s amazing the beauty that mountains can bring and green and other things that I took for granted growing up. I never realized how much I missed it. I know that there is beauty everywhere you go, but it sure makes me think about how much Heavenly Father loves us to give us such beautiful scenery to look at and enjoy. I truly am grateful for mountains and trees and nice weather to enjoy and play outside in. We took Paige swimming yesterday at one of the many community centres they have here in Langley BC. It was a total blast and there are so many programs offered here for families. I wish they did that more in the states. I love being home and I wish Josh were here to share it with me. I just talked with him on the phone and he and Cory are in Moab, they had just arrived and were packing up to go for their first ride. He is really excited to be there and I’m really glad that he’s there but I miss him like crazy. For any who care, I got to eat my Ketchup chips and was in heaven! I’m going to take a nap now so more later!

4 comments:

Mel said...

I know what you mean. I can't wait to go home and be with my fam. It can be challenging to raise kids away from family. I am glad that you have some help!

Anonymous said...

I found you. Love the blog and looking forward to seeing all your updates. Take Care. It was awesome seeing you the other day and spending a whopping 4hrs at Chuckey Cheese. ;-)

Em said...

I'm happy for your ketchup chips. :) Glad you're having a great time while Josh is having his special trip! Miss you!

Suze said...

SARAH!!!! I found you!
Ketchup Chips! OMIGOSH! How I ALMOST always forget to eat those when I'm there. Although everytime I go I have to have a SLURPEE, cause they SUCK here!...and I have to buy Twizzlers, cause they're just not the same...and I miss DAD's oatmeal cookies...mmmm...all the JOYS of CANADA!...hmm...well the food anyway....I do love the States, but Canada will always be in my heart....Oh Canada, my home and native land! I have a Canadian friend here and we always talk about how great Canada is to her kids. They understand....especially about the Slurpees. It's the first thing they get when they cross the border!

Anyways I miss you! I think of you often. Congratulations on the baby boy to come! I love you! Say hi to Josh and Paige.