I'm back in Indy now, it's been about 4 days or so. It's Easter today and we took some good pictures of Paige but I'll post those probably tomorrow! It's good to be home and be with Josh but I wish to be back in Canada. We had a total blast and it was so good to be with my family and friends. To be honest, I love being adored by everyone I see, but who doesn't eh? It was so nice to come home to my amazing husband who showered me with roses and kisses;0) Paige sure missed him a lot too and I loved watching her run to him scraming daddy, daddy, daddy in the airport. I hate being away from him but it sure makes me appreciate him all that much more when I am away from him. It's funny how that happens, but I love the giddiness I feel with the anticipation of seeing him again. It's almost like we are dating again or those types of feelings, so much fun to feel that. Here are some pictures of our trip.
Paige and my mom in my back yard playing on the swing set that I grew up on. They had this little game going and Paige thought it was hilarious, she was wearing her beloved rain boots and was kicking them off at my mom, and my mom was making a fuss about it in a very child like way and Paige thought that it was the funniest thing ever and was laughing so hard. I was inside with my sister with the door shut and we could hear her laughing outside. It was the cutest thing. I think I have a video of it so I'll post it!

My mom was putting curlers in her hair so of course Paige had to have Nana put some in her hair too. She loved having them in, it was almost a fight to get them out!

I met up with some of my girlfriends that I grew up with at Chuck E Cheese with their kids. It was so much fun to be there with them and see their kids or see them with kids too. I haven't been in years and years and this was the first time that I had taken Paige, she loved it. It was so much fun to be there with her. She would run up to me and ask me for a token and then go and do whatever ride she wanted while I visited and then she would run back like she had a very serious mission to accomplish and ask for another. It was a lot of fun.

Chuck E Cheese came out and Paige was super excited to see him. She kept following him around the place wanting to hug him or shake his hand. I don't understant why she loves a big mouse that most of the kids there were scared of and she wouldn't leave him alone but won't have anything to do with Santa Clause????

This is a picture of the end of my street. On the left side you can see that there are lots of trees and no homes. Well actually there are homes you just can't see them because they are all on acreage with lots of beautiful trees. On the right side of the picture is what I came home to. It used to look like the left but not anymore, infact the right side is what most of my little quiet community looks like now. It's really sad to me to see all the changes and how you can't tell where one house ends and the other begins because they are so crammed together. I am blown away by all the change and that everything that was there is now gone.

Paige playing with her Uncle Wayne, my sister's husband. She loved jamming with him and they were playing for a really long time, she is quite the musician. It was fun to see them get a long so well. Paige loves him, I think because he plays with her the way that Josh does so she was very at home there.

We went to the ocean, it's not that far from my house so I grew up coming here. It was a windy day but not too bad. Paige loved seeing the star fish and all the seagulls, she was in awe by everything that was happening around her.

Paige looking for the perfect rock to throw.

She thinks she may have found one, but isn't sure if she wants to keep it or throw it!

She found a rock that she really wanted to throw but there was no way she was going to beable to pick it up but boy did she try as hard as she could to move that thing even a tiny bit.

We had lunch with my aunt and cousins. My cousin Darren and his wife who got married on the same weekend as Josh and I, have a daughter that is 10 days older than Paige and is due with their second about 3 weeks before me so that is pretty fun. I had never met his wife or daughter so we went to meet them. Paige and Breanna had a blast together, and they played really well. When it was about nap time and the adults were all visiting, all of a sudden it was too quiet with little giggles every so often so we went to go look for the girls. They had taken the pillows and throw blanket off of the couch and were pretending to be sleeping, it was too cute.

My nephew Jake was in and won a hockey tournament. We went to a bunch of his games, the one and only that they lost, he was pretty bummed about it, actually he was really upset and didn't want to be near anyone. The only one he would let be with him was Paige, she was really cute because she come up to him and hugged him and just wanted to be with him. She knew that he was upset and the little tender heart that she is wanted to make sure that he was ok. So they sat and watched a little bit of the next game together. He got over his sadness quickly though, he ended up scoring the winning goal of the championships in a sudden death over time. That's my hockey family for ya!

Through all the hockey games and all the other running around we did, Paige got really tired and I mean REALLY tired. She fell asleep during Jake's last game and for anyone who knows hockey it can get pretty loud. So with all the scraming, whistles, sirens, air horns, sticks on the glass and other such noise she did not even flinch. She woke up when the game was over and things started to quiet down, I was amazed that she slept through so much.
Now that we are home she asks to play with Uncle Wayne and where Nana is. She often says that she wants to go back, she was spoiled and very much loved. It was awesome to be home but it's even better to be back with Josh. I can't wait to go back in August and this time Josh will be with us so it will be even a better holiday!
8 comments:
WOW! What a trip! Sounds FABULOUS! It is always so nice to see family and take a break! I can't wait to see the little video. Paige sure is so cute!
Hope you are feeling well!
It sounds like you guys had such a wonderful time. There is something so nice about going home and being with family. I am also going to my parents in August but Mark won't be with me so I will understand what it was like for. Well, I am sure Josh is glad that you are home!
It looks like you had a great trip. Now you know why I really wanted to move back home to MN. (although with these long winters I might be rethinking that decision!)
I'm so happy you got to go visit your family- and so much fun to have Paige with you to experience where you were as a child. You two are darling. :)
IT was so good to see you sarah! it had been way too long!!!!!!
see you in the summer!
I love Paiges curlers! She looks so cute! I'm so happy you got to go home, but I'm so happy you're back!
It looks like you had a great time. Welcome back!!
What a fun trip with your family!! I'm glad you got to go home and it sounds like you had a blast. Give us a call or stop by. We'd love to hang out!
Post a Comment