Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Heartbreaking
Now that Paige is 3 we decided it was time for her soother to go. She only had it at night time when she was sleeping but I thought that she was too old. So Josh and I decided to do the whole susu fairy, she would come and take Paige's susu and leave a gift. So the fairy came while we were at church and left Paige an Arial dress up dress since she is really into Arial right now. She was really excited about it until it was time to go to bed. She cried and cried and cried. I have never seen her so sad about something ever so I cried too for her. It broke my heart to see her so sad, so Josh gave her a blessing and I laid with her singing to her until she fell asleep. I threw it in the garbage because I didn't want to have the temptation of giving it back to her. She woke up at about midnight and cried again so I laid with her again for about 2 hours and cried with her again because she was so sad. She woke up Monday morning so happy and has not asked for it again since. I truly believe that it was the blessing that helped her get through this. I am so thankful for a worthy husband who holds and can exercise the priesthood. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father how loves my 3 year old precious little girl enough to comfort her in her time of need of loosing her most precious possession, even if it is a piece of plastic to suck on. And I am so proud of her for giving it up even when it has been so hard for her. She told me today that it has been a little bit hard for her with out it and that was all that was said about it! She's amazing to me, she is one strong little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw, poor Paige; that is rough!
So yeah, I've been "stalking" your blog! I need your email address so I can invite you to mine! My email is jondace at gmail dot com.
Poor thing. But good job. You did the right thing and you helped her in the right way. What a miracle blessings can be!
Post a Comment